Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Baptism


Last Saturday Ray Arellano got baptized. I can't begin to tell you how much joy it brought to me to see him enter the waters of baptism. I met him in the very beginning of my mission when I was awkward, scared, and homesick but after that we just kept teaching him.  He also was my very 1st person I EVER invited to be baptized. So there's a lot of things that we have gone through since that day and finally it was the right time for him to be baptized and receive the full blessings of the Gospel. I don’t think it could have been at a better time.  I've seen his testimony grow so much since day one up until now! I was so truly humbled that I was again asked to perform the baptism.  Ray also asked for me to confirm him and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost (it was my very 1st time I had ever done that). The Spirit was just so strong this weekend and Ray gave a powerful testimony at his baptism and at that point I was HIT by the Spirit telling me that this is why I’m here ... this is why I left everything behind to come serve the Lord.  I am supposed to find my brothers and sisters like Ray and bring them the joy I have in my life, and seriously it doesn’t get better than that! Though at times the mission is so hard and I get homesick and just want to quit and rest, I know that other people have sacrificed so much for me personally to get to this point in my life and have touched me... so I NEED to return the favor to them and most importantly to my Savior and Redeemer. Everyone, the Lord is hastening His work here on the earth... more and more people are getting exposed to the true Gospel so STUDY and PREPARE to teach those around you who are in need of these blessings. 
I could see the Love of the Lord working on Ray this weekend and my testimony grew leaps and bounds about the importance of baptism.  It makes me rejoice that another one of God's children decided they want to return to Him again.
Hope you all have a great week and know I love everyone who reads this and supports me!
Yours truly,
Elder Taylor
PS: Funny story about the baptism... after I baptized Ray we went into the bathroom changing area and then he said he forgot his towel... and I was like I totally forgot mine too!  We just busted up laughing because of how dumb we were to forget a towel and then Elder Broulim comes in and says everyone could hear us!  We told him we forgot a towel so he ended up getting paper towels out of the dispenser and we used that to dry ourselves!  haha Super Ghetto but it worked.  I'll never forget a towel AGAIN! Ha




Baptism pics!!! me and ray and also chris, a guy we baptized like 3 months ago came and supported ray so It was so cool to be there with both of them !




Ray and I on Sunday... we had our skinny black ties on and a tie clip! Bosses


Elder nelson and I when we were on exchanges for the day 

Had to fix somebody's lawn


3 comments:

  1. That towel story is hilarious. You don't know me, but I've linked your blog on my blog so that others can read these stories from currently serving missionaries! http://beinglds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and for linking the blog! He really is a tremendous missionary and I"m such a proud aunt :) Here is a link to the post he wrote about his mother on his first Mother's Day without her : http://elderjtaylor.blogspot.com/2013/05/mothers-day.html He really has an eternal perspective and loves to share it.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to say, I was baptised by my Missionary on 5th May this year and it was his first baptism too. I can say without a doubt that my whole life has changed for the better since that day and it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful there young men and women are who go out on missions to do the Lords work. Lovely blog post :)
    Valerie
    xxx
    p.s. my baptism post
    http://vlbeattie.typepad.com/a_mormon_mama/2013/05/just-the-begining.html

    ReplyDelete