Monday, August 26, 2013

Ain't no mountain high enough


This has been a wonderful week of growth for me. I’ve learnt new and wonderful lessons through a “small and wimpy” trial, but I feel any opposition you face both big and small have a blessing and a lesson attached to the end of it. 

Basically ALL of last week I was sick... I got a headache, dizziness, shivers, gagging and the main part is a super bloated stomach and cramps.  To add to that our car got broken into or something and someone stole my sun glasses and my new GPS that I bought like 4 months ago. 

Now I feel like a little girl writing about this on here.  First off I wasn’t even planning on telling even my family about me being sick but I feel my thoughts about my week may help someone. Secondly, this is SUPER minor to what other people face medically, but it was just enough to try to throw me off my game. Immediately after I felt really off I could see the opposition kick in, and I could see how easily of a target I was for the adversary to hit. Then came the thoughts, Do I really wanna do anything? Should I just give up and start tomorrow? I've got an excuse becauseI’m sick”. Whatever the circumstances we are in those thoughts arise, but for me it was against missionary work. I came to the conclusion that if I was to just go to the apartment and mope around not feeling good that would mean that I gave in... so I went out and worked hard. Let me say that I saw MIRACLES guys; even though my companion and the members out with us were saying that i was crazy and I should go home and rest or go to the doctors or whatever I KNEW without a doubt that if I truly am the Lord's missionary that He would help me through. 

I can honestly say that this past week has been one of the most in-tune-to-the-Spirit-weeks on my mission.  I felt guided. I felt angels round about to help me push through and help me see those who needed MORE help than me and we ministered to them. Amazing thing was that every time I felt the Spirit or the Spirit was in the room all my pains went away; my burdens were lifted for that second then returned afterward. No one who reads this or even my companion will understand how much I needed this testing week, and how much I grew from it. I feel like I just conquered Satan; even though he overpowered my thoughts constantly.  I knew that if I had a prefect brightness of hope I would overcome it and I have NO regrets on anything last week because I did not give into the temptations. 

As we face things that we feel set us back, or make things “harder” than usual...  remember the Savior, and know that there are so many blessings to come if we endure it well. My thoughts were on the Savior this week, as He took all of the pains and afflictions of the world ,even mine, and that right there is EXACTLY the thing that carried me and carries all of us to press forward with strength, zeal and courage.



Miracle story:  There was a potential investigator's house that we wanted to see but we didn’t get the address and a member was driving but my companion said we were in the area (note my comp found him 2 weeks prior while I was on exchanges and I went with him once after at nighttime but never got into the house. We had a GPS then and that was a week before this time), but it was the afternoon and hot and all the houses look the same and I’m not feeling good, but then I just offered a little prayer in my head and said, "Father show me where to go."  I looked up and told the member to keep driving , then said turn right, then said turn at the next left, and so on.  After a few blocks we totally drive right up to the house. Now the sad part was he didn’t answer and he was there but I wasn’t discouraged at all because I KNEW God gave me and us that awesome miracle to find the house because someone close by needed us a lot more.  We went to see the first person on my mind and that’s exactly where we needed to be. I can’t give details too much because of personal things about the person, but lets just say that the hand of the Lord was in it.  I gave a blessing to someone that I’ll never forget and I actually cried while giving it (which I’ve never done) because I felt that our Heavenly Father's total love that He had for this person and I felt the veil so thin and it was very special.

I testify that the priesthood is real. That the power to act in God’s name is a privilege and honor. Faith is the key thing to have in good times, normal times and bad times... let it always be your main component in your life to help motivate you to carry on.  

Be bold and believe that God will guide you... if you know that He can, and He will.

Love,

Elder Taylor

This is a guy who was visiting.  He was baptized 20 years ago here and has a special spirit. He has some disabilities but KNOWS the church is true and totally loves missionaries. 

An awesome package dropped off from the Butterfields last week ! 

YES!  I am rockin' some khakis ... I would wear them everday if I could!


No comments:

Post a Comment