Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Change: Training a new missionary again!

A lot has happened this last week ... we had a BAPTISM. It was Kathy Secatero and she is so amazing.  She's fully converted and her perspective on life is forever changed.  I'll talk more about it later in this email. 

I got called to TRAIN again so I'm picking up the brand new missionary tomorrow. I'm sad that I'm having to say bye to Elder Gibson; we were killing it but he was called to be a district leader in another area so I'm super proud of him.  He's been asking me advice but I know he will do great! 

My trainee is awesome!  I totally called it that I was going to be his trainer. Elder Magalei came up to me and gave me a huge hug and said that there are two "poly" brand new missionaries and I was like, YES, one will be mine!  I've been wanting to get a non-white missionary forever (haha) and I got one. Hes was born in Hawaii and now has lived in Utah for 4 years... he's Chinese, Hawaiian and caucasian. We are going to have a great time.  I can already see that he will hearken to a lot I say and really be a powerful missionary. 

My heart is full for the love I have here. I feel at home here; they have adopted me into their culture and hearts. Tomorrow is my birthday and a lot of people want me to come over and then come over for Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to really focus on the work here and to put all I have into these people. I'm changing even more things this next transfer and have set high goals that I want to achieve. 

It snowed up here last week and was so cool ... it was freezing cold.  I took some pics that I'll send next week. 

I got to see a ton of people today when we all met up to find out where we are going and who's going with who. I LOVED seeing old buddies and companions; it was one of the happiest days of my mission.  I'm so grateful to be a part of this marvelous work.  I am now more fired up and have a stronger desire to work even harder. I got to hear Elder Krebs, Ballif and Eaton (who called me when I was home to welcome me to the mission) and all of these other great missionaries' testimonies right before they went home. So sad to see them go. I spent last night at the zone leaders apartment and was with Elder Krebs one last time, writing in journals, and packing. 

Well, I got to go to dinner with a member in their spanish ward in Albuquerque last night and it was the bomb.  They had Carne Asada and all of this good stuff. They asked me to say the prayer so again I did an English/Spanish prayer!  haha I don't know too much Spanish but I tried. Then we went and had to go confirm a little kid who was baptized on Saturday and they asked who they wanted to confirm him and he pointed at me!  haha  They had to tell him I couldn't speak Spanish but I thought it was so funny;  I had just met him and he wanted me to do it at first.
Well, I don't have much time.  I have to go show my trainee around and get him settled in but know how much I love this Gospel.
I was SO humbled today to see so many great missionaries and see them going up and talking to my trainee and telling him about me and stuff.

Christ lives and He does lead this church and this work! 

Elder Taylor 

This is Kathy Secatero.  She will be the future Relief Society president here on the Res! 

Here is me and my new comp Elder Kaleb Keith Makoa Ame Ma'e Ma'e Ah Loy!
Haha!  Finally got me a "poly" comp!

No comments:

Post a Comment