Tuesday, April 8, 2014

God always has His structure

Hey everyone!  Hope you all have had a great week.


CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME. I received great revelation and pray you all did as well.   May we all take from it, plant it, and watch it grow within ourselves. 

Well, I don't have too much to say this week... it was kinda a slow one but I will tell you one profound thing that came to my mind that I'm sure all of you have already studied or knew.

Elder Rasband, of the 70, spoke at General Conference and in the beginning of his talk (if I remember correctly) he said for all of us who raised our right arm to the square and sustained the prophet of God that it meant that we are telling him that we will help take some of his responsibilities from him and do our part in the kingdom of God and basically not leave it all up to the prophet.   

Well, I was reading randomly somehow in Exodus 18: 13-27.  I challenge you all to read it...  I think its really cool. 

Well, in verse 22 it says this: "So it shall be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee."

After this Moses called other leadership and DELEGATED to other worthy men ("priesthood holders") to help him with all of his responsibilities.  Then a few chapters later he calls 70 men... which is the same in Christ's church today. 

I know that God has to always have His structure of things. He has had order and organization for thousands of years and TODAY He has the same structure in His church and the same organization. 

I testify that there are living prophets and apostles on this earth. After General Conference I pondered on why I feel like I know each and everyone of them on a personal and friendship level...? 

Lets look at the Savior... why were people drawn unto Him? and also drawn to His apostles like Peter and John?  It is because those who truly have a open and humble heart and who are looking for guidance will feel the power and authority, will feel the spirit of God and will be influenced for the better.  Then will we know that they speak truth and truly are men of God; which in turn will DRAW you into them and their teachings to you. On top of that they show us through their very strongly-developed Christ-like attributes how the Savior is.  They are examples and all those who seek good things are drawn to Christ or His spokesmen... it is the same. 

Love to you all! 

Elder Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment