Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sacred feelings become Sacred memories

Hey everyone!  I've had a crazy last week that was really awesome but a ton of things happened. I don't know if I can type it all out but I'll summarize a lot of it. 

Wednesday we went up to Magdalena and visited a few people then I had to go and do a baptismal interview in Alamo for Tatiana. Then I had to rush back to get to our correlation meeting with the ward mission leader. We drove around crazy that day. At the end of her interview I had her pray, and it was the most sincere prayer ever. I felt her literally talking and thanking our Father that she's able to be baptized and join the church. Tears were in her eyes and I promised her as the Lord's representative that He is pleased with her and He rejoices in her decision! 


Thursday I had to get up at 5:30am to leave for a leadership meeting in Albuquerque. There were 2 brothers from the missionary department in Utah that came and taught us some really awesome things on the simplicity of sharing the Gospel. Having the Spirit and testifying, but focusing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is: faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. It was great to see all of my buddies again. One of my best buds just got called as AP so that's cool! 

Friday we had zone meeting.  I got to share some things and insights from the MLC meeting the day prior. I did a ton of role plays and the missionaries really grasped the concept very well.  Great miracles will come from the training. 

Saturday was the lady from Alamo's baptism.  Her name is Tatiana Sam and she's my "Shi da." I really felt honored that she asked that I baptize her. I guess that is the benefit of being moved to the next area over and being able to baptize and attend that special day for her. Her family is all really solid; probably the best in Alamo when it comes to the Gospel. The water was SUPER shallow so I had to really dunk her low but all went well. I felt the Spirit so strong. 


Sunday had a big activity after church for lunch to help a non-member family get closer to the members and feel a part of the family. It was really cool. The newly married couples here that go to the Tech College are awesome and are always willing to help. 

Monday was "Missionary Monday" at the temple and boy was it special. Once we were walking up to the temple someone commented on barely remembering to bring their recommend and I came to realize that I forgot mine and were like almost 2 hours away.  So I told the people in the temple and they were really cool and one went to talk to Preisdent Miller to ask if I could get an interview real quick then go in. The guy comes back and said that President Miller told me to tell you that you owe him a chocolate shake!   haha He said to go in and change and enjoy your session.  SUPER cool.  I just got to go in and my worries all went away. Man I love my mission president. The temple was super special and sacred for me. I felt the Spirit so strong and to renew my covenants again was really powerful.  I felt forgiveness for my past mistakes from the last 7 months and now feel like a new clear man ... striving to do even better before I return in October to the temple again. 
I learned a lot and my mission president gave us a special promise and blessing that I won't share (just through a letter) but really was special and has changed my mindset on a lot of things! 

Well, my thoughts for the week are this... all of my most clear and fond memories have been the sacred spiritual feelings I have had in my life, even from before my mission. MANY have come to my mind the past few weeks and I love it. The baptism and then the temple were just so amazing to me, and gave me perspective on my purpose as a missionary and how real the Plan of Happiness is and how we truly are just here to be servents to those in this life as well as those in the next. Cherish all of the spiritual moments in your life when you have felt God communicate directly to you.  Then record it so that you and your posterity for generations down will feel that same Spirit you did when you wrote it. 

Love always,
Elder Taylor 









The baptism!! Love this family.


The boyz!  Love these Elders.  I have 5 companions in that photo right there.  Such a blessing to somehow be with almost all of my companions in the temple that day. 


Sister Brown.  She is from Laie, Hawaii and always gives me the Hawaiian goodies she gets sent to her.  Auntie Winnie was her teacher in Hawaii so she knows Uncle Morris and Amanda.  Also, Elder AhLoy is in the picture because he was born in Hawaii and is a 'lil Hawaiian! haha 





This is a real email i just got from someone I baptized. This is real and how hard the adversary works against those who choose to follow Christs example and be baptized a member of His true Church ... the adversary never quits and gives up on trying to lead us away from truth! So proud of how strong she is to realize that this gospel is the most important thing in her life, not her friends... we need to all follow this example and show this kind of faith. 



"Hi, i just wanted to write to you because i was feeling a bit down and everyone else I text and talk to aren't up listening to what i had to say. LOL Well ever since my baptism i've been feeling great except for today, i was doing fine until some person just got tell me "I can't talk to you and be around u anymore because ur a mormon now". I was in shock, i was speechless and of all my feelings were hurt. I feel like crying here and just let it all out but i said to myself in my heart "No matter how many friends or relatives or people i care about i lose just because of my religion is not worth my time fighting for because i know God/Jesus Christ have a plan for me and if his plans were to not have these people in my life then it's probably for the better" I don't know how to take this in or how to move from it all i know is that it's already making me think a lot and making me feel sick to my stomach. I'll just have to endure to the end. Sorry i just needed to vent and needed someone to talk to that i can trust".

No comments:

Post a Comment