Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Restoration

Hey everyone, hope all is well in your lives. Thanks for all the prayers you say on my behalf, I know much of the blessings I receive are because of your prayers!

This past week has literally flown by so fast, time keeps getting faster and faster, I hate it haha and it seems like everyone asks me how long I've been out and I hate that, too. Wish I could just stay out here forever!

So this past week I had a very sweet tender mercy from the Lord. Since I have been here in Albuquerque I haven't taught really a lot at all or had SUPER spiritual experiences in lessons (not trying to be negative) but this lesson we had a few days ago was amazing. We were teaching this guy named Patrick who knows everyone in the stake and the stake leaders because he works for boy scouts and is a camp director and the young women camp was at his camp. He happens to be a YSA (young single adult) in our stake so we just met him a few weeks back and got to know him and finally taught him the restoration. The spirit was so strong in that room, you can tell his heart was humbled. I just said a prayer in my heart that I would speak by the power of the Holy Ghost and that I will only follow the spirit. No words can describe the power in that room, I testified and shared Joseph Smith's First Vision and I KNOW for a fact that He saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ; my testimony grew every stronger just by bearing that witness to him. At the end with the spirit in the room we invited him to come closer to Christ by being baptized and he agreed to it and says when he receives that answer he will follow it!! I'm so excited. He said if he knows that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet he will wonder why he waited so long for him to find out and to join this church, we know he will come to a testimony that he's a prophet.
I KNOW this church is true, I know the Holy Ghost truly is the SENIOR companion to us all and will help guide and train us and give us the words we need to say to touch other's hearts.
Love you all,

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment