Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Email from March 11th


Hey everyone,
So 2 weeks ago we had a zone conference. My companion and I had to do a role play as master teachers in front of everyone... the mission president and everything. It was on the kingdoms of glory and I felt we did very well. One of the zone leaders made a comment saying that as you taught you seemed like two missionaries... not like one trainer and a junior companion ... so I thought that was cool. 

Well, this last Friday we had a zone meeting just with the missionaries in El Paso and they asked us AGAIN to do a role play. It was just about how a ward council meeting should be like so it wasn't too hard, but still. haha.  

So I think I've told you about Chris.  We've been teaching him and he had a baptismal date. He's been going to Spanish ward but we started teaching him because he speaks no Spanish.  He was referred to us by the Spanish elders so we, of course, figured he lived in our area...  but we found out 4 days before his baptism that he lives in another area and another stake!  So, on Saturday he was baptized at our building so our ward and Spanish ward could come but it was under the direction of his new ward... so TECHNICALLY it's not our baptism but I still say it was!  haha It was amazing. I had to play piano in front of everyone because no one else could play and I was really rusty.  My companion and I were witnesses for the baptism. 

Also, that day was the six-month mark since my mother passed.  I wore everything that reminded me of her... my tie, ring, watch and of course my necklace that I wear everyday! I found a scripture that my mom happened to say helped her when her sister Careen passed away and now this scripture is helping me with my mom. 

D&C 101:36, 37
Wherefore, fear not unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full.

Therefore, care not for the body, neither the life of the body; but care for the soul,  and for the life of the soul.

This scripture is so powerful and meaningful to me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of that amazing women. I always pray about her and I'm trying to study doctrine about the Spirit World and what she's doing and how I can feel her in my life more. 

So, on Saturday night at 9:15pm I got a call and we were asked to speak in our ward about the Resurrection the next morning. So, after all other missionary stuff we had to do, my comp and I finally were able to start preparing at 10:15 at night. We ended up not finishing until 3:15am because of the hour time change. My desk was filled with books and scriptures and everything. We had to make it really good so we could gain the member's trust so that they will help us more as missionaries.  The missionaries before us lost a lot of their trust.  We only had 3 HOURS OF SLEEP!  It ended up going really well ... I learned a lot from preparing and a lot of members and stake representatives that were there came up and thanked us for our talks and that it kept them awake. haha We've been getting so many people that we need to contact we had to buy a whole new white board to put names on it, and we filled the whole thing up. A lot of appointments fell through last week but we are hoping this week we can actually meet with a lot more!  There is a guy named Ray that I'm going to challenge to get baptized on Wednesday and to get baptized by the end of this month! :)  We will see how that goes. 

Here is a cool quote: "If the foundation of FAITH is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble... it is NEVER too late to strengthen the foundation of faith." Henry B. Eyring. 

I hope you all have a great week and thank you for the letters and emails ... I really appreciate them all!  I'm sending out 10 letters today so I promise I'll reply it just takes some time! ha

I hope everyone will strengthen their foundation this week like that quote says and read Helaman 5:12.
Your all's missionary,
Elder Taylor

Showing off my letters!


Jacob ... the baptism from 3 weeks ago


Valentine's from my ward Primary



Chris' baptism




Picture of my desk while we were preparing for our talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment